The office space will probably be the least interesting place any Australian wants to work in, but that doesn’t mean corporations should stop making them more productive and pleasant. And what better way to start with than installing a professional coffee machine to keep those caffeine levels in check. A high-quality coffee machine has been found to boost employee productivity in several ways. Read on to find out what they are and why coffee machines are well deserved in every workspace.
Australia And Coffee: An Overview
The coffee industry is a pretty significant one, with lattes being the most commonly ordered brews. With such a thriving industry, it is uncommon to find someone who doesn’t enjoy the beverage. Although most enjoy coffee at home, the beverage still makes up one of the most common drinks Australians enjoy, with one in four having at least one cup daily. But how does coffee come into the whole productivity equation? Well, as it turns out, just thinking about having a cup has been found to increase focus for regular drinkers. Suffice to say, it’s not a bad idea for an office to invest in a professional coffee machine for its hard-working employees.
Coffee Machines And Office Productivity:
There are plenty of reasons why giving workers a cup of good brew once in a while is beneficial for their effectiveness in work. Take a look at some of them:
- It Helps With The Morning Ritual: As mentioned before, many Australians cannot do without a cup, and it’s usually right after they wake up in the morning. For those coming in early, it might help them keep up with their uninterrupted rituals if the office has a coffee maker.
- It Can Be Welcoming: Having a coffee machine can be a welcoming sight for many as they get accustomed to their work environments and schedules. Breaks during work sessions are very common, and the staff can get to know each other better over a coffee break, building teamwork and social skills.
- A Nod To Employee Health: Drinking coffee has a myriad of health benefits that are essential for those getting through a tough day at work. Caffeine has been found to reduce stress and increase the body’s energy. Having the right amount of energy is vital for productivity and for stimulating the brain to foster creativity. Moreover, regular coffee drinkers have been found to have higher memory retention capabilities that allow them to remember more both in the long term and the short term. It might also help to note that coffee also raises metabolism levels in the body, and all these aspects are crucial for a well-performing employee in an office space.
- Enhances Trustworthiness: Installing a coffee machine shows that the company cares for the wellbeing of its fellow staff. This helps build company loyalty and trustworthiness in the long run.
- Saves Effort On The Employees Part: Having the luxury of making a good brew in the office will be beneficial when it comes to time and effort. Employees will no longer have to wait in lines to get their morning caffeine jab and instead get one right at the office itself.
- Gets Employees Out Of Their Daily Slump: A hectic day at work will soon transform into a slouch session once the day creeps into the afternoon. With a coffee machine in place, employees don’t have to worry about the said slump anymore as they can restore their energy levels with a good cup of caffeine loaded goodness.
With that being said, if there’s no coffee machine in the workplace, it’s never too late to get one.